Sunday 24 November 2013

The Week

During the week I was sitting in the Scotch Malt Whisky Society in Leith. It was miserable outside and nice and cozy inside, though the fires haven't been lit. It was fairly quiet, a few people having lunch and that's it. Perfect for me to sit and think, about notebook designs, my business, my life. Things are so much better these days, despite the pain getting worse. My thoughts are happy. It was a really an amazing feeling when I realised what was happening. Ricardo was busy studying for an exam, so I had to go out so he wouldn't get distracted. Hey, I didn't mind, I had a lovely dark Archerfield fine ale (4.7% a malted chestnut toned beer with notes of roasted barley and chocolate) and a wonderful Islay, very peaty cask strength whisky. Yuuummmmmm.

The cat fostering thingy fell through unfortunately. At the beginning they said they could take the cat back for a week when we were on holiday. Then a week later, they said they wouldn't. It's wasn't possible for us to proceed with this. Our lovely friends Noel & Gillian, who looked after Max and Tabitha, live too far away for us to ask them to do it, really out of their way, wasn't fair. They were so great for doing it though xxx. Since then I've contacted an emergency pet fostering service, who help primarily help older people who cannot for any reason (hospital stay, ill health) take care of their pet for a period of time.We are happy to take care of any pet, except for birds (I'm allergic) and large dogs (small flat). We'll see how that works out, I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment