Friday 11 October 2013

Business Gateway - Edinburgh

I attended a Business Gateway (absolutely free) course about networking a few nights ago at the City of Edinburgh Council HQ. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a speed networking event. One half of the delegates stayed at the seats they were in and the other half moved around from person to person for a timed mini meeting. It was great for me, as I'm really quite shy, not that good at making conversation, so I could just sit and people came to me. I found that I really enjoyed talking about my work. They say it's not really work, if it's something that you love doing, I must say, it's really true.

Business Gateway is a Government organisation where you can get free practical help, advice and support for your new or growing business in Scotland. They had loads of great free workshops about all aspects of getting a business going, such as finance, SEO, marketing, etc.

I met a lot of lovely people, who had started up a new business. There were all sorts of business and it was great to hear their stories of why they were starting up and how they were going about doing it. There were a few web designers, a piano teacher, a personal trainer who goes to the homes of new mothers to help them get back on track and a lovely charted accountant from Bolland & Burke in Edinburgh who helps people in small businesses get through the more of business finance.

Business Gateway in Edinburgh have loads of free courses that anyone can attend and believe me, they are really worth it. I intend going to all of them, even if I get one piece of information I can use in my business or even personally, it was was going to. Keep up the good work guys.

Talk soon

Love & hugs
Angela xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment