Thursday 13 June 2013

The Honey Bee

Why a honey bee in my banner?

I love bees, last year I kind of started looking for and trying to photograph bees in my local area for a survey on the Bumblebee Conservation Trust's BeeWatch website. These guys are mapping bumblebee species distributions. Well, I'm going to have the bee as my totem animal. Some characteristics of the bee are ones I would like to have where my new venture is concerned. They are always busy, focused, amazing architects (just think of the creation of those honeycombs), they gather the raw materials and create honey. They are amazing creatures, it's a disaster that their numbers are in decline. If you want to contribute to the survey in the UK, here is a link to the Bumblebee Conservation Trust website.

The banner I found on Etsy. It's designed by a graphic designer I found on Etsy called Accentuate from Colorado, her work is terrific. I intend getting  my business cards designed to match the banner too. Such a great idea, she sends her graphics to me by email and I will either print the cards off myself or send the graphics to a printer to do it for me.

Here is another book I made at the course in the bindery in Partick. I'll be putting this one on Etsy when my shop launches.

Talk soon

love & hugs
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment