Tuesday 11 June 2013

My First Business Venture

McLean Book Arts is my very first foray into self-employment and I am so excited. I think I spent over 8 hours yesterday just getting things set up. There was Etsy, Paypal, my blog on Blogger, not to mention all the social media I've signed up for. I hope I can remember it all.

I have so many ideas, though I think I'm going to have to put a pen and notepad on my bedside table, as most of them appear in my dreams. I'm sure I had a few last night, but they're gone, hopefully to return.

Tomorrow, I meet my Enterprise Mentor, she sounds brilliant on the phone and I'm sure her enthusiasm alone will carry me along the path of being my own boss. Can't wait.

This is a photo of one of my Japanese Stab bindings using Chiyogami paper. This one was done at a course at Downie Allison Downie in Partick. I love doing these, just need to get myself a bench drill for the holes.

I've just thought of a few more social media sites, so I'm off to join up.

talk soon

love & hugs
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment